[kea-dev] Build Kea 1.1.0 from source on CentOS 7 missing log4cplus/logger.h

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Tue Nov 8 11:26:05 UTC 2016

"Sallee, Jake" writes:
> However building from source I am getting an error:
>
> ======================================
> checking log4cplus/logger.h usability... no
> checking log4cplus/logger.h presence... no
> checking for log4cplus/logger.h... no
> configure: error: Missing required header files.
> ======================================

=> this is a failure in the AC_CHECK_HEADERS macro

> I have already installed the log4cplus and log4cplus-devel packages (even reb
> ooted for good measure) and the file logger.h is located at /usr/include/log4
> cplus/logger.h

=> it can be from something not related, for instance a bad compilation
flag from a previous configure action. You should look at the config.log
file to understand exactly what happened.

> log4cplus is listed as an optional component in the config script help but th
> e configurator fails without it.

=> in fact log4cplus is not optional (only enable-xxx makes xxx optional
for sure). Perhaps the name should be more --with-log4cplus-path but
it is clarly a bit long and IMHO not an improvement....

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>