[kea-dev] Extending kea-shell

Włodzimierz Wencel wlodek at isc.org
Thu Apr 13 13:04:44 UTC 2017

Hello,
after command channel was extended with optional parameter "services" e.g.
   {
        "command": "foo",
        "service": [ "dhcp4" ]
        "arguments": {
            "param1": "value1",
            "param2": "value2",
        }
    }

kea-shell is unable to build command with "service" list in it and
obviously we need to extend it. Question is how?

Is adding --service option to kea-shell good approach?
e.g. kea-shell --service=dhcp6/0 config-get
that could take list of target services:
e.g. kea-shell --service=dhcp6/0,dhcp6/1,dhcp4 config-get
?

Another question is should we change how we pass commands to the script?
Now it is: kea-shell [options] command. We could pass command also as
option e.g.:
kea-shell --service=dhcp6/0 --command=config-get

Any comments? :)
Włodek Wencel