[kea-dev] Fwd: GSoC Proposal Enquiry

Jerin John jerinjohn101 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 08:50:07 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am Jerin John, an aspiring software engineer from India, currently a
final year undergrad student in CS from the University of Mumbai. I have a
fascination with open source technologies and was hoping to make
contributions to the OS community as a part of this year's GSoC program.

I was intrigued by ISC's Kea, and going through the features and scope of
your DHCP software has inspired me to send an application via GSoC, to
contribute as a part of your dev team. I was hoping to send a proposal in
reference to your idea for the *'Kea monitoring dashboard*', to implement a
standalone web application that integrates with your REST APIs, using *Angular
*framework and basing the GUI on material design.

I have a fair background in web development, being a part of an internship
and training program that provided exposure to technologies like JSPs,
Servlets, PHP and most recently JavaScript frameworks like Angular and
React; would be glad to provide a detailed account of my previous work
experience, if you see me as a potential candidate for the role.

I would really appreciate it if you could provide me insights into the
requirements for this dashboard, specifics of the Kea API, methods to start
contributing and all your suggestions to get myself accustomed to your code
base and dev practices.
I believe Kea would provide me the perfect platform to gain vast amounts of
knowledge, exposure to the open source community and ultimately mold myself
into a better software developer.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanking you in anticipation.

Cheers.

Jerin