[kea-dev] GSOC 2019 Interest

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Mon Mar 25 14:42:37 UTC 2019

On 25/03/2019 14:26, Jude Tem Efume wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am Jude Tem Efume. I am currently enrolled in a Masters program in
> computer science.
>
> I would like to participate in Google summer of code 2019 with your
> organisation; Internet systems consortium, and I am also interested
> in becoming a good contributor for your project.
>
> I am interested in the project: *9. ISC DHCP => Kea Migration
> Assistant*
Great! Welcome to the Kea project.

> *I have a solid background in computer networking, and I mostly do
> web development in Python(django/flask) and reactjs*; reason why I
> think I am best suited for this project.
>
> I look forward to submitting a proposal for that project, and I
> would like to know if there is any other task which you would like me
> to do.
What previously worked great is the student putting a proposal together
and uploading it somewhere where potential mentors could comment on it.
Google docs worked great for this.

Go ahead and write your proposal. Please make sure it's more detailed
than the description ISC provided. In particular, think about the steps
needed, come up with a schedule, describe your other commitments (some
exams for example).

I'll send you a link to the source code shortly. The code was supposed
to be made available soon anyway.

Thanks and welcome to the Kea project!
Tomek