[kea-dev] Tweaking Kea development process proposal

Thomas Markwalder tmark at isc.org
Mon Oct 14 10:55:21 UTC 2019

Re: 5

ChangeLog as plain text means viewing it is always possible in a command
line environment with nothing
special.  I don't see having automated links to be all that big of a help.

I am not crazy about a ChangeLog per stable release.  There are
frequently times when working on ISC DHCP
it is necessary to try and find possible changes that may have
introduced an issue and sometimes requires
looking years backwards.  The RELNOTES file, which is ISC DHCP's version
of "ChangeLog" provides an
invaluable resource for that.

I realize that not everyone thinks this sort of "what happened in days
of yore" ability is important but
it is.  So if it were up to me, I would leave ChangeLog as plain text
and with a single file.  This is
of course only my own personal opinion.

Thomas