[Kea-users] Fail-over

Jan Schermer jan at schermer.cz
Tue Apr 26 19:53:35 UTC 2016

I deployed a PoC kea cluster to achieve HA

at the backend are 3 mysql servers in a galera cluster
on each node runs kea that uses the localhost mysql instance as a backend

this way everything is synchronized

it's not the cleanest solution but it works and it should not break evein in split-brain scenarios, in theory :-)

I need a 3-way high-availabilty cluster for DHCP and this was the only solution I could think of, all the other solutions were either even more hack-ish or limited to master/slave (and you can't do true HA with just 2 nodes...)

Jan