[Kea-users] Need help in MySQL queries - KEA

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Wed Dec 28 15:26:22 UTC 2016

W dniu 28.12.2016 o 10:56, Nandan Adhikari pisze:
> Thanks a lot for the suggestions.
>
> What I am specifically looking for is a way to modify/delete existing
> host reservations or from lease tables. As Klaus suggested to use KEA
> itself for insertion into lease tables, so I was checking out host
> reservation section of the guide. But I am unable to find any table
> where I can see the current reservations.
>
> Can someone suggest how we can modify current host reservations instead
> of modifying the .conf file and doing restart?
You can configure Kea to use MySQL or PostgreSQL database to store host
reservations and then insert, update or delete entries in either of
those databases. Kea will pick those changes on the fly, without any
restarts. As was already pointed out, a good description of the DB
schema is available here: http://kea.isc.org/wiki/HostReservationsHowTo

I'm sure you found that already, but the actual schema Kea uses is
stored in src/share/database/scripts. There are backend specific
directories dhcpdb_create script in them. For example, for MySQL the
schema is in src/share/database/scripts/mysql/dhcpdb_create.mysql

Also, we have talked internally about implementing specific calls that
would be able to modify reservations dynamically. The high level
overview of such calls can be found here:
http://kea.isc.org/wiki/ControlAPIRequirements#HostReservationsHRmanagement
So far they're not implemented, due to resource limitations.

Tomek