[Kea-users] Domain name appears twice for a printer

Shane Kerr shane at time-travellers.org
Mon Jan 4 14:25:27 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have an HP LaserJet Pro 200 color M251n, and I noticed in the Kea SQL
table that the hostname was:

laserjet.my.domain.my.domain

All other devices have either blank names or proper names, like:

android-341db4fa80e8ebba.my.domain

For the moment I have fixed this by going to the printer control web
thingy and done Networking -> Network Identification -> Domain Name
(IPv4/IPv6) and set that to "my.domain". (It defaults to DHCP.)

This solves my problem, but I'm happy to try to help debug this in the
general case since it points to a problem either in the printer or Kea.
Any Kea developer have advice about this?

Cheers,

--
Shane