[Kea-users] plans to support DHCPLEASEQUERY?

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Mon Jan 18 12:06:36 UTC 2016

Bert,

Thanks for your interest in Kea.

Today Kea doesn't support lease query. We realize that this feature is
desired/critical for network operators and we definitely plan to include
it in Kea. However, this needs to be part of some larger effort aimed at
large deployments.

In Kea 1.1 we mostly focus on finishing up the client classification, as
well as static host reservations. Both of those features are still not
fully implemented (even though they are functional), but they are very
important both for large scale and small deployments. For this reason,
we have chosen to give them priority over other features.

Marcin Siodelski
ISC