[Kea-users] Kea 1.1.0, MySQL and client-id

Jeffery Harrell sparky at charlietango.com
Tue Jan 3 02:55:50 UTC 2017

I hope this isn’t a frequently asked question or anything; I’ve searched
and searched. Is it a known issue that client-id-based host reservations
aren’t currently working using the MySQL backend? I ask because (A) I can’t
seem to get one to work in my environment, which may well be my fault, but
(B) comparing /usr/share/kea/scripts/mysql/dhcpdb_create.mysql
and /usr/share/kea/scripts/pgsql/dhcpdb_create.pgsql I see that the
contents of host_identifier_type aren’t the same. The Postgres version has

INSERT INTO host_identifier_type VALUES (3, 'client-id’);

while the MySQL version stops at #2, circuit-id. This makes me wonder if
client-id host reservations aren’t supposed to be working with the MySQL
backend right now? I thought maybe I’d ask to see if there was a quick
answer that could save me more hours of fiddling around and trying to read
the source code.

Again, apologies if I’m treading on old ground. Thanks!