[Kea-users] Kea 1.1.0, MySQL and client-id

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Tue Jan 3 09:05:44 UTC 2017

On 03.01.2017 03:55, Jeffery Harrell wrote:
> I hope this isn’t a frequently asked question or anything; I’ve searched
> and searched. Is it a known issue that client-id-based host reservations
> aren’t currently working using the MySQL backend? I ask because (A) I
> can’t seem to get one to work in my environment, which may well be my
> fault, but (B)
> comparing /usr/share/kea/scripts/mysql/dhcpdb_create.mysql
> and /usr/share/kea/scripts/pgsql/dhcpdb_create.pgsql I see that the
> contents of host_identifier_type aren’t the same. The Postgres version has
>
> INSERT INTO host_identifier_type VALUES (3, 'client-id’);
>
> while the MySQL version stops at #2, circuit-id. This makes me wonder if
> client-id host reservations aren’t supposed to be working with the MySQL
> backend right now? I thought maybe I’d ask to see if there was a quick
> answer that could save me more hours of fiddling around and trying to
> read the source code.
>
> Again, apologies if I’m treading on old ground. Thanks!

Hello Jeffery,

It seems to be a bug in our MySQL database creation scripts. The
host_identifier_type table should include 'client-id' entry. Other than
that, the 'client-id' based reservations should work for MySQL.

Did you try yo insert the dhcp_identifier_type of 3 into the hosts table
for your reservation?

Marcin