[Kea-users] timers defined on gloval scope are not exported with the get-config command

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Wed Oct 4 13:07:44 UTC 2017

W dniu 04.10.2017 o 06:25, itay cohen pisze:
> my concern is that some parameters are configured in the config file,
> and when i'm pulling the configuration via api the parameters are not there,
The short answer to this is: can you submit a bug report for this on
kea.isc.org?

The slightly longer answer is that we use the values while parsing the
configuration to derive values in subnets, but afterwards do not store
the global values. The config returned has the values applied to subnets
that did't have the values specified.

We can extend the configuration handling code to keep the global values.
This is easy to do. What we can't fix is the values returned by subnets
that did have the global values applied to.

So, the global timers would be returned as you defined them, but the
subnets that had those global timers applied, would return their values
as well. Would that be ok?

Tomek