[Kea-users] Host reservation with pool dhcpv4

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Fri Aug 17 11:51:32 UTC 2018

Joe Botha writes:
> I have a need to create host resvervations based on MAC
> address, but I don't want to give a fixed IP or hostname.
> I just want to tag them with something so I can figure out
> which pool they should get IPs from. How would I do this
> best?

=> if you want to control which pool(s) a client can get an address from
you need a client-class matching its MAC. Note even when you can assign
a class from a host reservation it is performed after address allocation
so it can't be used to select a pool. Of course this can be overruled
using a hook and some programming.

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>