[Kea-users] default environment variables

Jason Guy jguy at cumulusnetworks.com
Sat Feb 3 18:05:49 UTC 2018

Hi folks. I thought I read somewhere that the global environment variables
can be specified in a file at /etc/default/kea. However I cannot find this
in the docs, and I am not sure if I dreamt it or not. I am referring to the
variables to customize the default paths for some of the daemons:
KEA_LOCKFILE_DIR
KEA_LOGGER_DESTINATION
KEA_PIDFILE_DIR
etc.

Right now I am specifying them in each of the systemd service files, but
centralizing them would be much better for the debian-based OS.

I also think there is a doc bug here
<https://jenkins.isc.org/job/Kea_doc/doxygen/d1/d2e/unitTests.html#unitTestsEnvironmentVariables>.
It mentions the variables are explained in section 15.3 of the user guide.
I found 2 of them mentioned in 18.1.3
<ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/kea/1.3.0/doc/kea-guide.html#logging-during-startup> and
the other in the sections labeled "Starting and Stopping the ***** Server".
 If there is a section in the developers guide or user docs I missed, I
would be grateful if someone can point it out.

Thanks,
Jason