[Kea-users] Host reservation by hw-address AND circuit-id. Not supported?

Charles c at charlesmatkinson.org
Wed Feb 28 02:27:09 UTC 2018

*Why we are using KEA*

We are a small organisation supporting a campus area network including
LANs connected to the core network via NATting routers.  DHCP clients
include portable devices which can connect via any one of several LANs.

We have a policy of fixed address lease reservations by hardware
address.  No pools.

We believed ISC DHCP Server could not support that scenario (maybe it
can: http://www.miquels.cistron.nl/isc-dhcpd) so we started with KEA.

We hoped KEA would support giving an IP address specific to the
circuit-id (set by the DHCP relay a.k.a IP helper for each LAN) AND to
the client's hardware address.

*The question*

Do I rightly understand that KEA can do host reservation by hw-address
OR circuit-id but not both?

Best

Charles
For Aurinoco Systems