[Kea-users] Host reservation by hw-address AND circuit-id. Not supported?

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Wed Feb 28 08:04:47 UTC 2018

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your inquiry and using Kea. Standard Kea server doesn't
support combined host reservation identifiers such as those consisting
of circuit-id and hw-address. However, we provide a set of hook
libraries (plugins) to Kea for purchase (and to our support customers),
which include "Flexible Identifier" library. This library allows for
specifying an expression which constitutes your custom host identifier
from almost any part of the DHCP message, e.g. circuit-id and hw-address.

Please visit:

https://www.isc.org/product/kea-premium-hook-library-kea-1-3-package/

for more details about our premium products.

The following section of the Kea User's Guide describes the
configuration of the flex-id library:

http://kea.isc.org/docs/kea-guide.html#flex-id

Kind Regards,

Marcin Siodelski