[Kea-users] Client classification based on MAC vendor prefix + multi-subnet DDNS

Tobias - lokskada at live.se
Fri Jan 19 22:54:35 UTC 2018

Hi!

I'm currently having two issues I'm trying to figure out. I hope you guys could help me.

First:

I'm trying to put my virtual machines in a separate subnet. The virtual machines have the vendor prefix of 52:54:00.

If I would do this in code, I would use AND to mask away the last three octets and then compare against 52:54:00:00:00:00 but I seem to be unable to do that.

Since I was unable to fnd an example for Kea, I tried to do what people suggested for dhcpd since the expression looked similar to what is availible in Kea, but it didn't work.

What would the 'test' statement look like if I want to see if the first three octets of pkt4.mac matches 0x525400?

---

Second:

How would I configure DDNS to have two qualifying suffixes? The two subnets have different subdomains. I've been unable to find anything that works so I'm still stuck only having DDNS for the first subnet.

Thank you,

Tobias