[Kea-users] custom DUID

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Tue Jul 3 14:22:29 UTC 2018

sothy shan writes:
> we have one issue . we dont have entriprise-number. In this case, we can
> assign any number (>52275)?

=> three choices:
 - you pick a number at random (you just have to check if it is not assigned
  to an enterprise which can be used on your network).

 - you pick the number of your preferred enterprise (if it is no longer
  exist and was not in networking business it could help).

 - you get an official number for your enterprise (take time but is 100% safe
  forever)...

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: ISC uses its enterprise-number but as far as I know not for DUID-ENs.