[Kea-users] Kea

Rui Pedro Caldeira rpcaldeira at outlook.com
Wed Jul 4 20:49:31 UTC 2018

Hello all, I had great success in my first kea deployments thanks to your help :)

But today I need help in another challenge. The objective is to assign IP addresses statically based on MAC address or dynamically (I haven’t yet decided which approach I will use). In both cases, I have two possibilities: the KEA server is on the same subnetwork in which are the machines that are going to request IP address and the KEA server is on a different subnetwork than the machines (in this case a DHCP Proxy will be used).

Will it work for both scenarios if in the KEA configuration file I only include the subnetwork identification and eventually the MAC address and IP address to assign (and do not include the DHCP relay address)?

In the case that a DHCP relay is involved, will KEA be able to assign the IP address even if the DHCP relay address is not included in the configuration file (KEA would not consider the DHCP relay from which the DHCP packets were received, and would either dynamically assign IP address or would assign IP address based on the MAC address of the client machines)?”

Thank you guys one more time :)

Best regards,
Rui

<https://about.me/rpcaldeira?promo=email_sig&utm_source=email_sig&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=external_links>