[Kea-users] HA based on galera

Jason Guy jguy at cumulusnetworks.com
Wed Mar 14 17:10:34 UTC 2018

Hey Klaus,

Can you elaborate a bit on your design? I am in the middle of testing Kea
1.3 with a 3 node mysql setup, and have not seen any issues yet. I
researched both MySQL-Cluster and MySQL Group Replication in MySQL5.7. I
settled on first testing with group replication, since it did not require
an extra management server arbitrating the writes.

The group replication HA allows all devices to be a master, and uses GTIDs
to prevent 2 nodes from writing the same row. So my curiosity here is if I
am missing something in the design, and how I would easily stress test
this, to see if the SQL group can handle the distributed writes from the
Kea server.

Thanks,
Jason