[Kea-users] kea pid file

Ricardo J. Barberis ricardo at palmtx.com.ar
Tue Oct 16 17:38:25 UTC 2018

As a workaround, kea 1.4 CentOS 7 rpm [1] creates this file:

[root at dhcpserver ~ ] # cat /lib/tmpfiles.d/kea.conf
# kea needs existing /run/kea/ to create logger_lockfile there
# See tmpfiles.d(5) for details

d /run/kea 0755 root root -

[1] https://github.com/RasmusEdgar/kea-centos-srpms

El Lunes 15/10/2018 a las 11:50, Jason Guy escribió:
> Hi Jorell,
>
> It is a bad idea to set the local state dir to:
> --localstatedir=*/var/run/kea/*
>
> When you reboot, the /var/run is recreated since it is a tempfs directory,
> and I found systemd will not recursively create the directories on start.
> I had some of these same issues while working on the debian package, so I
> thought I would share. However, using */var/run* for PID files is fine.
>
> Cheers,
> Jason
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 4:36 AM Wlodek Wencel <wlodek at isc.org> wrote:
> > Thank you for reporting this, issue is now fixed on master branch.
> >
> > Wlodek
> >
> > QA Engineer, ISC
> >
> > On 18/09/2018 20:45, Jorell F wrote:
> > > I still do not understand why the PID file is created in the root of
> > > the file system.
> > >
> > > I even re-downloaded the gitlab repo
> > >
> > > My previous build didn't have this problem, I don't remember what build
> > > that was, I think it was 1.3.0-git
> > >
> > > I had to add a line to the '[service]' section of my service file
> > > "Environment=KEA_PIDFILE_DIR=/var/run/kea"
> > >
> > > I did set '--localstatedir=/var/run" for ./configure

Ricardo J. Barberis
Usuario Linux Nº 250625: http://counter.li.org/
Usuario LFS Nº 5121: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/
Senior SysAdmin / IT Architect - www.DonWeb.com