[Kea-users] Hosts refusing lease offers?

Thomas Andersen than at itu.dk
Fri Feb 15 12:24:16 UTC 2019

Hi,

Another suggestion:
Have you checked with wireshark what the request and offer is?

We have had the same issue when it came to unicast and broadcast offers.
If the host had broadcast flag set in discover, it would reject any offers sent as unicast.
Most clients do not differ on this, but PXE, UEFI, iDRAC and some specific windows 7 installations CAN filter them if there is the slightest mismatch.

Kea 0.9 and 1.0 had default unicast response even though client asked for broadcast. Was changed in 1.1 I think.

Br,
Thomas