[Kea-users] how can I block clients based on hostname

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Thu Feb 28 11:16:59 UTC 2019

Christian Kratzer writes:
> I would assume that if you have multiple clients with the same mac address
> you will have larger problems than dhcp issues.

=> if they are not on the same link it should work. Two comments:
 - it seems it is the case here because of the (buggy but existent) relay
 - old Sun boxes interpreted the loose IEEE spec as the mac address
  can be a box (vs a NIC) property so with some Sun servers you have
  multiple NICs sharing the same mac address... pretty find to find
  some bugs in interop testing, less in production.

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: in Kea if you do not use a shared network it should work: lookup are
per subnets and clients using duplicated mac addresses are blacklisted.