[Kea-users] Lease allocation on option 82

Bjørn Skovlund skovlund at gmail.com
Thu May 2 13:44:52 UTC 2019

Hi Francis,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 12:48 PM Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org> wrote:

> > It seems this would be possible with a host reservation on the client-id,
>
> but I'm trying to avoid having to copy the lease information into host
> > reservations.
>
> => host reservations are of course the only way to really reserve an
> address.
> But you can play with lifetime and expired-leases-processing timers to
> make more likely a client to get the same IP address.

I'm not that concerned about getting the same IP, but more concerned about
not handing out multiple addresses to the same client-id.

I think my problem, and misunderstanding of the client-id when it comes to
lease allocation, may stem from having an active-active HA setup. It seems
I am limited to two IP addresses, one from each of the servers. It could
look a bit like my replication of IP addresses broke when I enabled the
flex-id.

I'll have a closer look at those.

Thanks for your help.

Best, Bjorn