[Kea-users] Subnets in MySQL/MariaDB

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Mon May 6 15:44:59 UTC 2019

Hello Jan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Kea 1.6.0 release will include a new feature,
Config Backend, which will allow for storing global DHCP parameters,
DHCP option definitions, shared networks and subnets in the MySQL
database. This is not yet documented because we're currently working on
the actual code. The Kea 1.6.0 release is expected in the summer.

If you're looking at the Kea 1.5.0 version, it indeed includes many
tables, but those tables are unused by this version.

If you're interested in the Config Backend design, it is available here:

https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/wikis/designs/configuration%20in%20db%20design

Marcin Siodelski
DHCP Software Engineer,
ISC