[Kea-users] KEA DHCP - MySQL configuration backend - Administration

Xavier BEAUDOUIN xbeaudouin at hotcity.lu
Wed Feb 5 10:40:11 UTC 2020

Hello,

> This is why I wanted to ask what is the recommended way to administrate the DHCP Server with MySQL configuration backend without those hooks or if there is a way to get the hooks for personal use for free (or a much smaller fee).

From our own experience (because we didn’t get any response from the mailing list) :
- one kea server -> on mysql (or one database if you have a cluster).

If you have 2 kea servers, then use another mysql server (or if you don’t want to have another mysql server, just add another distinct database on your cluster).

We found that because it seems to have lock when updating / whatever an entry on the DB.

Regards
Xavier

--

​Xavier ​Beaudouin | ​System & Network Engineer
11, Avenue Guillaume <https://maps.google.com/?q=11,+Avenue+Guillaume&entry=gmail&source=g> | L-1651 Luxembourg