Notice of network issue in San Jose PoP

Peter Losher plosher at isc.org
Wed Aug 21 01:08:10 UTC 2013

A update:

On 20 Aug 2013, at 12:10, Peter Losher wrote:

> ISC has identified a issue with our Point of Presence (PoP) in San
> Jose.  We believe we have a bad router card on our main router at that
> location, which is causing it to crash and restart.  While it does
> come back up, the frequency of the card crashing is increasing which
> is causing network instability for traffic routed thru that location.
>
> We are working with the vendor to find a solution, but have no ETA for
> resolution at the moment.

ISC Operations staff have successfully swapped to another router card on
a temporary basis, which looks to have stabilized the situation.  This
is not a permanent fix, but things have looked stable over the last 7+
hours since we made the change.  We continue to work with the vendor for
a longer term solution.

We will continue to monitor the situation and will update when and as
appropriate.

Best Wishes - Peter
--
[ plosher at isc.org | Senior Operations Architect | ISC | PGP E8048D08 ]