[stork-users] Stork 0.21.0 is now available

Everett B. Fulton ebf at isc.org
Wed Oct 6 21:44:06 UTC 2021

Stork 0.21.0 is a new development release of the Stork monitoring and
configuration dashboard and it can be downloaded from:

  https://www.isc.org/download#Stork

Documentation for Stork is available at https://stork.readthedocs.io.

-----

# Stork 0.21.0, October 6th, 2021, Release Notes

Welcome to Stork 0.21.0, another monthly development release. The
changes introduced in this version are:

* **TLS support**. The Stork Agent now supports communication with Kea
over TLS. It automatically detects whether the Kea Control Agent is
configured to use TLS. \[[#527](/isc-projects/stork/-/issues/527)\]
* **Memory management improvements**. Most memory leaks in the Stork Web
UI are now fixed. \[[#105](/isc-projects/stork/-/issues/105)\]
* **Test improvements**. Intermittent failures have been addressed.
Stork is now tested with Kea 1.9.11, instead of 1.8.2, and with some
components run on CentOS 8, instead of CentOS 7.
\[[#552](/isc-projects/stork/-/issues/552)\]

Please see this link for known issues:
[https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/stork/-/wikis/Known-issues](https://
gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/stork/-/wikis/Known-issues).

## Incompatible Changes

* None.

## Release Model

Stork has monthly development releases, with some exceptions.

We encourage users to test the development releases and report back
their findings on the stork-users mailing list, available at
[https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/stork-users](https://lists.isc.or
g/mailman/listinfo/stork-users).

This text references issue numbers. For more details, visit the Stork
GitLab page at
[https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/stork/issues](https://gitlab.isc.org
/isc-projects/stork/issues).

## License

Stork is released under the Mozilla Public License, version 2.0.

[https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/MPL/2.0](https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/MPL
/2.0)

## Download

The easiest way to install the software is to use native deb or RPM
packages. They can be downloaded from:

[https://cloudsmith.io/\~isc/repos/stork/](https://cloudsmith.io/\~isc/re
pos/stork/)

The Stork source and PGP signature for this release may be downloaded
from:

[https://downloads.isc.org/isc/stork](https://downloads.isc.org/isc/stork
)

The signature was generated with the ISC code-signing key which is
available at:

[https://www.isc.org/pgpkey](https://www.isc.org/pgpkey)

ISC provides documentation in the Stork Administrator Reference Manual.
It is available on ReadTheDocs.io at
[https://stork.readthedocs.io/en/latest/](https://stork.readthedocs.io/en
/latest/), and in source form at
[https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/stork/-/tree/master/doc](https://git
lab.isc.org/isc-projects/stork/-/tree/master/doc).

We ask users of this software to please let us know how it worked for
you and what operating system you tested on. Feel free to share your
feedback on the stork-users mailing list
([https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/stork-users](https://lists.isc.o
rg/mailman/listinfo/stork-users)). We would also like to hear whether
the documentation is adequate and accurate. Please open tickets in the
Stork GitLab project for bugs, documentation omissions and errors, and
enhancement requests. We want to hear from you even if everything worked.

## Support

Professional support for Stork will become available once it reaches the
1.0 milestone. Existing ISC customers that consider themselves early
adopters may get involved in the development process, including roadmap,
features planning, and early testing, but the software maturity level
does not constitute a typical professional service before the 1.0
milestone.

Free best-effort support is provided by our user community via a mailing
list. Information on all public email lists is available at
[https://www.isc.org/mailinglists/](https://www.isc.org/mailinglists/).
If you have any comments or questions about working with Stork, please
share them to the stork-users list
([https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/stork-users](https://lists.isc.o
rg/mailman/listinfo/stork-users)). Bugs and feature requests may be
submitted via GitLab at
[https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/stork/issues](https://gitlab.isc.org
/isc-projects/stork/issues).

## Changes

The following summarizes changes and important upgrades since the Stork
0.19.0 release.

```plaintext
* 161 [func] slawek

     The Stork Agent now supports communication with Kea over TLS.
     It automatically detects if the Kea Control Agent is configured
     to use TLS.
     (Gitlab #527)

* 160 [build] slawek

     Fix failed pipeline issues - bump CentOS version and related
     packages, change some unit tests to avoid crashes in CI
     environment.
     (Gitlab #552)

* 159 [bug] slawek

     Eliminated memory leaks from the Stork Web UI.
     (Gitlab #105)
```

Thank you again to everyone who assisted us in making this release
possible.

We look forward to receiving your feedback.