[stork-users] stork agent not populating correctly

Craig Dunn sendai789 at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 1 16:10:20 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I have kea running with stork agent 0.19. I found adding the machine via
the UI doesnt seem to work (click how to install agent on a machine button)
it looks like the sh file doesnt exist in the file location which after a
bit of playing around I found the pat:

webui/dist/stork/assets/pkgs

which, I could find anywhere in the UI container. so I installed just
it via apt get on my dhcp server. the agent installed fine and I
configured the agent.env file as follows

# address to bind ie. for listening
 STORK_AGENT_ADDRESS=0.0.0.0
 STORK_AGENT_PORT=8080

# enable Stork functionality only, i.e. disable Prometheus exporters
 STORK_AGENT_LISTEN_STORK_ONLY=false

# enable Prometheus exporters only, i.e. disable Stork functionality
 STORK_AGENT_LISTEN_PROMETHEUS_ONLY=false

# settings for exporting stats to Prometheus
 STORK_AGENT_PROMETHEUS_KEA_EXPORTER_ADDRESS=0.0.0.0
 STORK_AGENT_PROMETHEUS_KEA_EXPORTER_PORT=9547
 STORK_AGENT_PROMETHEUS_KEA_EXPORTER_INTERVAL=10
 STORK_AGENT_PROMETHEUS_BIND9_EXPORTER_ADDRESS=0.0.0.0
 STORK_AGENT_PROMETHEUS_BIND9_EXPORTER_PORT=9119
 STORK_AGENT_PROMETHEUS_BIND9_EXPORTER_INTERVAL=10

# this is used when agent is automatically registered in Stork server
 STORK_AGENT_SERVER_URL=http://192.168.0.23:8080
 STORK_AGENT_ADDRESS=192.168.0.22

.22 being my DHCP server with the stork agent

.23 being my Stork server

My install was all defaults so I just went by the online guide. I
restarted the agent service and the machine popped up in the UI to be
authorised.
At first it complained there was a bad gateway but then authorised and
I could see machine details like cpu load. I noticed when I open the
machine I dont see any DHCP details the application section is just
blank, the machine details are all there and accurate.

Am I missing something here? As far as I can see it should show the
subnet info but i`m seeing nothing. I havnt tried rebuilding the
containers as yet has anyone experienced similar if so how did you
resolve it?

Thanks