[stork-users] ISC-Stork-Server continually crashes after remote agent rndc exits with an error 1

Erik Edwards fluteze at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 21:14:42 UTC 2021

Hello list,

I've been testing the 0.19 version of the stork system and encountered a
consistent error after a new (first) machine is registered, either
manually with the server's ID copy/paste or via the unauthorized tab.

After some investigation, I found a line in the remote dhcp server's
/etc/rndc.conf file referencing the default key as "sample-key" in the
options section. After changing this to the correct key name (which is
loaded via an include statement from /etc/rndc.key) the server was able
to complete the registration and seems to be functional.

The log on the isc-stork-server had a panic message referencing an
invalid index [0] of [0]. In the test network this was the first machine
being added.

-Erik