Is it possible to dynamically add new zone in bind 8.2.1?

G. Liu gliu at interland.net
Tue Aug 24 14:32:21 UTC 1999

Thanks for the response.

What's the difference between "ndc reload" and send SIGHUP signal to named?
Both of them are reloading zones. After I sent SIGHUP to named, will named
continue to respond to DNS query before reloading is completed?

I'm running BIND 8.2.1, I can't find the paraameter "reconfig", and no
"reconfig" is mentioned in the manual.
Following is the result after I run ndc:

[root@]# ndc reconfig
Unrecognized command "reconfig" (args "")

[root@]# ndc
Type   help  -or-   /h   if you need help.
ndc> help
getpid
status
stop