multiple DN per 1 ip addrs

Liselotte liselotte at ibm.net
Sun Jun 20 13:07:31 UTC 1999

Hello, I am in a dilemma,

I've been promoting linux as perfect solution for local .orgs etc. and
now am "given" an IP address with server to prove it's ability.  Need
help finding answers to following question ASAP:

Where can I find out how to set-up DNS for multiple domains (such as
domain1.org, domain2.org et cetera) going to one ip number but separate directories?

Machine is running RH 6.0+updates.

Is the configuration in Bind, or Apache? Or do I add a CGI/Perl routine
or?  Is there a specific phrase that refers to this process?

I know how to set-up dns master for one d-name per ip address-number,
and have read O'reilly's DNS + BIND etc., but still unclear about procedure/protocol...

Need to know for http, interested in solutions for MX, ftp, telnet etc. also.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Lise