Underscore Character

Chris A. Epler cepler at fantasia.stormhaven.org
Fri Nov 12 15:48:10 UTC 1999

2U <makun at minnanotabo.com> wrote:

> For NT running DNS, underscore is passed. Many NT guys then think it is
> valid.
> Some of our clients (technical guys?!) insist to have host name with
> "_".

Just be sure to let them know that the 'rest of the world' will refuse to
talk to them because they're using the silly underscore..  I wonder if PSI
has gotten a clue and stopped doing underscores...

---
Chris A. Epler                                       |
Network Administrator                                |   [ Space for rent ]
Broadband Network Services, Inc.                     |