ctl_server Error Message BIND 8.2.2

Mark_Andrews at iengines.com Mark_Andrews at iengines.com
Thu Nov 18 22:22:51 UTC 1999

> Mark Andrews replied to my posting:
>
> >	One of the elements in the socket's path does not exist.
> >	The DESTRUN directory specified in src/port/<os>/Makefile.set
> >	must exist or you need to override with a controls section
> >	in named.conf.
> >
> >	Mark
> >

> >> I just upgraded one of our BIND 8.1.2 secondaries to 8.2.2.  I now
> >> receive this error message:
> >>
> >>      named[19155]: ctl_server: bind: No such file or directory
> >>
> >> I do not remember this mesage having appeared in the archives recently.
> >> I looked at the source, and I could not determine from where this
> >> message is being generated.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.
>
> I have looked at "DNS and BIND (3rd edition)" and I cannot determine
> what statement I have to add to my named.conf file.  I already have an
> options line
>
>      directory "/export/home/named";
>
> What do I need to add to my config file?  I would prefer not having to
> rebuild BIND.  Thanks.

	That is because "DNS and BIND (3rd edition)" was written before
	the featue was added.  Either pick up the doc tar ball or
	use the online version (which is a couple of releases behind
	but still covers this area)
	http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/docs/config/

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, Internet Engines Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at iengines.com