Problem with just one zone, it won't update

Pancho Cole pancho at acadia.net
Fri Nov 26 17:03:18 UTC 1999

I have a zone acadia.net on an 8.2.2 machine, with the secondary on a 4.9.7
machine. The primary is p1.acadia.net, the secondary is p3.acadia.net. This
is the largest zone on our server. I made a change on the primary,
incremented the serial, did a reload on the primary, then a few minutes
later on the secondary. The primary updates fine, it passes a delinting
process using dlint and I can do a zone transfer fine. The secondary will
not update. I turned on 2nd level debugging and tried a reload and did not
see anything in the named.run file. Doing a dig on the soa for both the
zones reveals that the serial numbers, as expected, are one behind on the
secondary.
Right now running "top" on the secondary reveals that named is at 18 megs.....
--
Pancho Cole, webmaster and hostmaster for AcadiaNet
  http://www.acadia.net/	http://home.acadia.net/
   Work (207)664-3100	 webmaster at acadia.net