Super-newbie needs help with configuring name server

Todd Flom todd at flom.com
Sat Jun 3 01:04:25 UTC 2000

I am trying to set up a primary name server for my domain flom2.com and
I'm running into the following problem, it seems as though I can either
only resolve domains internally or externally not both.

(ns.fishnet.com is my secondary for this domain, which I have no control
over)

This is the PTR entry in my 209.150.221.117 zone file
>117.221.150.209.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR ns1.flom2.com.

This is what I get when I have that PTR entry un-commented

>ns1:~ # nslookup ns1.flom2.com
>Server: flom2.com
>Address:209.150.221.117
>
>Name: ns1.flom2.com
>Address:209.150.221.117
>
>ns1:~ # nslookup ns.fishnet.com
>Server: flom2.com
>Address:209.150.221.117
>
>*** flom2.com can't find ns.fishnet.com: Non-existant host/domain

This is what I get when I have the PTR entry commented out.