NS File format.

Stephen D. Malenshek stephen at valuelinx.net
Thu Jun 15 18:17:19 UTC 2000

I have a very strange question regarding the new P5 version of Bind.  I
recently upgraded to it and on my slave NS servers, it goes through and
rewrites all the records with this $ORIGIN in it and changes the format
completely.  Is this the proper format for it to be in, or is there some
way to make it stop rewriting the slave records on my secondary servers to
this hard to deal with form.  I have looked around and there is not
actually a sample file format to look at to see actually what they are
supposed to look like....  I know this sounds stupid, but after seeing what
this new version does...  I am just questioning if I am doing it the
correct way.  I was tempted to post a small section to show the layout, but
I did not know if that would upset anyone...  I am new to this list, so
please forgive me.

Stephen D. Malenshek
President/CEO
Valuelinx Communications
stephen at valuelinx.net

Post Office Box 1966
800 West Denver Street, Suite C
Greenwood, Arkansas  72936
Ph: (501) 996-9064      Fax: (501) 996-9964