Informational warning re RH6.2beta and Rawhide

Henri J. Schlereth henris at neandertal.org
Thu Mar 16 23:10:51 UTC 2000

> would this be the reason that my dns runs but i can't get ndc stats to run.
>
> ie
>
> named status
> ndc: error: ctl_client: evConnect(fd 3): Connection refused
> ndc: error: cannot connect to command channel (/var/run/ndc)
> [root at tux init.d]#

I dont run any command channels in my named.conf but the easiest
way for you to test this is to run ndc stats or ndc dumpdb,from
the command line.
If they fail as I have outlined then the answer is yes.
I suspect the simplest fix will be to change /var/named to be owned
either by root/named or named/named. But I still need to test that.

Henri