Secondary Server

Abraham Ingersoll abe at honestabe.net
Wed May 3 20:55:23 UTC 2000

If you really don't want to ever have to edit named.conf and kill -HUP
named on your secondaries (and don't feel like waiting on ISC to
'augment' the protocol), just write a shell script to rsync or scp or
rdist /etc/named.conf and /var/named/* to secondaries as needed.

I may be mistaken, but I bet a lot of folks do this and run their
"secondary" nameservers standalone with their own local copy of
required zone data.

Abe