Reload or Restart

michab iniquity at gmx.de
Fri Nov 3 23:04:34 UTC 2000

Kevin Darcy  (kcd at daimlerchrysler.com) schrieb:
>I assume these changes are being made directly to the zone=
 files,
>right?

right....

>If so, then if the changes are spread out somewhat over=
 different
>zones,
>you may want to consider using Dynamic Update instead.

that=B4s not working cause the db-files were written by a=
 skript...

>That way, you
>don't have to worry about reloading the zones constantly. If=
 the
>changes
>are mostly concentrated on just a *few* zones, though, then=
 Dynamic
>Update might make things worse, triggering more NOTIFYs, zone
>transfers, etc. than just a periodic reload or reload {zone}.
>Unfortunately, zones can't actually be added or deleted=
 completely
>via Dynamic Update. But ndc reconfig is a more lightweight=
 alternative to
>ndc reload for that kind of thing.

okay.. to reload new added zones and modified zones it=B4s enough=
 to make
ndc reconfig ?? would ndc reload ignore new added zones that were=
 inserted
into the boot-file ??

thx again !

-- michab, iniquity at gmx.de on 11.04.2000