Classless in-addr.arpa Question

orange orange at fobie.net
Fri Sep 15 16:15:04 UTC 2000

Hello folks,

Can anyone please tell me if I'm right or wrong,
cause I got some problems. The "ISP" I got, or atleast
the one who owns my IP is ns.dorotea.se, but they don't
know how to give you authority to change your own reverse.

So I would like to know how you do this so I can tell them :)

Right now we're testing some here, but no results.. but atleast
we've fixed the CNAME of my ip;
11.253.165.194.in-addr.arpa     CNAME   11.11/0.253.165.194.in-addr.arpa
11.11/0.253.165.194.in-addr.arpa does not exist at ns.dorotea.se

So, how do they give me the rights to change
11.11/0.253.165.194.in-addr.arpa?

And is this right?

Best regards,
.orange