Win 95/98 /Bind

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Aug 24 20:00:35 UTC 2001

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 04:21:11PM +0930, Matt wrote:
> Is it possible to get a copy of Bind or similar DNS program for Windows
> 95/98???

There is a version for MSW-NT, but IIRC, it will not run on MSW'9X.

> If so I would really apprecate someone letting me know as i would like tplay
> around and have a pratice before I start in Linux. I have a static IP.

So, try Linux already.  BIND comes with it.  After you get the distro
version of BIND working, then you can download the sources for the
current version [for the then meaning of "current"] and try compiling
it.  ;-)

OSIS Center Computer Support					EMT-B