W2K SRV records and BIND

Tim Maestas tmaestas at dnsconsultants.com
Tue Jan 2 22:53:47 UTC 2001

	Your terminology is flawed.  What do you mean by
	"slave W2K SRV records"?  If your BIND server is
	the master name server for your domain, and allows
	updates from the Win2k domain controllers, then
	any slave DNS servers (be they BIND or Win2k) that
	list your BIND server as their master should just
	zone transfer the zone, including the SRV records
	dynamically updated by the DCs.

-Tim