BIND/NT 8.2.3: Slave does not Named-XFer

Andy Brunner Andy.Brunner at Infoline.CH
Mon Mar 19 11:19:39 UTC 2001

- I have a master and slave DNS running with BIND/NT 8.2.3.
(dns1.infoline.ch/dns2.infoline.ch).
- Both are answering a authoritative.
- Master is sending NOTIFY's and slave is receiving those NOTIFY's (NT
event
log).
- The slave is not updating its data.
- Manual Named-XFer on the slave (with the master IP) are returning
correct
results.

It looks as if the slave does not execute Named-XFer. What could cause
this
behavior? I have even tried to add the line "named-xfer "C:\Programme\DNS
BIND\bin\named-xfer.exe" in the "control" section.

Thank you for any help!

Infoline AG
Andy Brunner