Bind Timeout on External Names (8.2.3)

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Oct 4 14:32:24 UTC 2001

	This sounds like cache poisioning.  "dig +norec ..." would
	tell you for sure when it is occuring.  I suggest that you
	upgrade to 8.2.5.  The changes below address both sides of
	using a forwarder in forward first mode.  1232 for the
	client.  1231 for the forwarder.

1232.   [bug]           don't assume the forwarder has dropped bogus records.

1231.   [bug]           always restart a query if we dropped records when
                        parsing.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org