ext2fs

Will Yardley william+dns at hq.newdream.net
Thu Oct 4 17:40:09 UTC 2001

pelln at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu.invalid wrote:

> Yes, i use FFS as filesystem. I also use another kernel mostly OpenBSD
> or sometimes FreeBSD to my nameservers.
>
> BSD seldom screws up filesystems, using "soft-updates" will make shure
> disks are in logical order even after abrupt stops. Full fsck (if
> needed ) would run several 100 megabytes/minute, and no fsck at all
> after clean shutdown.
>
> Only the Best is good enough.( and by pure accident :-) , they both
> happens to be able to use the same hardware as linuz , only more
> efficient)

no argument from me there.  however my work prefers to use linux so for
the moment i'm stuck.  my workstations are *bsd so i'm pretty familiar
with it; i've tried to switch mail / dns machines to fbsd but so far no
dice since most of the other admins at my company have little bsd
experience.

i imagine using fbsd would cause less problems with threading and
perform better as well.

anyway this is getting pretty off topic :>

GPG Public Key:
http://infinitejazz.net/will/pgp/