Delegating?

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Oct 4 20:22:29 UTC 2001

In article <9pibrv$pfc at pub3.rc.vix.com>, Alex Moen <alexm at ndtel.com> wrote:

>One thing I have noticed:  Looking at our netblock, there is
>a line "ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE" at the
>bottom.  This sounds ominous to what I am trying to do...
>
>Should I be worried???

It has nothing to do with the DNS.  It means that if the partner decides to
change which ISP they get their Internet connection through, they're not
supposed to take this /24 with them.

However, that statement is mostly a reflection of *your* policy.  If you
feel like making exceptions, that's up to you.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA