is bind needed at all?

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Thu Sep 6 15:31:55 UTC 2001

% 	I agree with Kevin Darcy <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com>, that we
% should not be coming back with flippant responses like Pete did,
% because it just muddies the question and doesn't really help solve
% the problem.
%
% 	However, I agree with Pete's general approach that there just
% really isn't much sense in even trying to answer most questions
% unless people give us real domain names (and whatever other
% information is necessary) to begin with, and I am also getting very
% tired of having to continually repeat this position.
%
% --
% Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles at skynet.be>

	Giving Pete the benefit of the doubt, I think that the correct
	method is to take folks at their word and when they claim to
	be hosting  some_$deity_misbegotten.example.com  domain that
	they are having problems with, we should help them insofar
	as we are able.  IF we are given incorrect data or data that
	is hosted by someone else or data that is not visable in the
	Internet namespace, then we should tell them folks of our
	inability to assist them.

	e.g.  be literal. take peoples word.  if they try and
	hid information, don't bother to reply, its a waste of
	your time and theirs.

--
--bill