Sol 8/Bind 9.1.3 and W2K

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Feb 27 21:40:06 UTC 2002

See doc/misc/migration in the BIND 9 distribution. My guess is you have
something un-kosher in your zonefile which is causing BIND 9 to not load
the zone properly. Since it's not loaded properly, the nameserver doesn't
consider itself "authoritative" for the zone, and that's why it is
refusing Dynamic Updates.

If this speculation is correct, there should be some messages in the logs
indicating what the zonefile errors are.

- Kevin