Message I can't explain in BIND 9

dbotham at edeltacom.com dbotham at edeltacom.com
Fri Jun 14 21:14:24 UTC 2002

It looks like you rndc channel is not configured properly.  Do you have=
 the
ARM (the manual)?

Look up 'rndc'.

Remember, rndc has its own rndc.conf file as well as the parts of the
named.conf file that must articulate the command channel...

Hope this helps...

Dave...

|         |           "aparadis"       |
|         |           <aparadis at ssss.go|
|         |           uv.qc.ca>        |
|         |           bind-users-bounce|
|         |           @isc.org         |
|         |           06/14/2002 03:02 |
----------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                    =
                                                          |
  |       To:       comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org                    =
                                                          |
  |       cc:                                                          =
                                                          |
  |       Subject:  Message I can't explain in BIND 9                  =
                                                          |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------=
----------------------------------------------------------|

HI, I just installed a brand new BIND 9.2.1 on a Solaris 8 box. Everyth=
ing
work's just fine but there is a message I can't explain  : [ID 866145
daemon.notice] couldn't add command channel ::1#953: address not availa=
ble.
Could the message be related to Ipv6? Is there someone who can tell me =
what
this mean?
 Thanks
Andr=E9